Human Resources- Generalist
Please review the job description for our current opening for a Human Resources Generalist. If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, please fill out our online application by CLICKING HERE
The Human Resources Generalist provides day-to-day support in functional areas of human resources including but not limited to providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department on all personnel matters and assists with payroll processing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assists with benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books.
- Updates HRIS/Payroll system with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Assists with processing terminations.
- Assists management with performance review forms.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR department.
- Processes paperwork for Work Opportunity Tax Credits and other government tax incentives.
- Assists in the recruitment and hiring of employees for both corporate and virtual positions.
- Successful navigate the rules of EEOC and ADA and effectively communicate the importance of adherence to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
To perform this job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Employee Management – Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to three years Human Resources experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR certification preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before clients or management of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.